Taylor Swift Talks New Single "Mine"

Taylor Swift opened up to People on just how she found her “Mine” mate, getting married and the true meaning of the song.

On picking Toby to be her groom in her music video: “I saw Feast of Love and just loved that movie and thought Toby was so great that I thought it would be perfect to put him in the video. I was doing some more research and watched another movie he was in called The Covenant. I’ve got this crazy 13 lucky thing, and he walks on screen for the first time wearing a sweatshirt with a 13 on it! That was the deciding factor. It wasn’t really up to me, it was about the number.”

On getting fake married in the “Mine” video: “[It] was a little strange. I get to wear big dresses and wear white all the time on the carpet, but there’s nothing quite like actually pretending you’re getting married.”

On what “Mine” is all about: “Every really direct example of love that I’ve had in front of me has ended in goodbye, has ended in breakups. So I’ve developed a pattern of sort of running away when it comes time to fall in love. This song is sort of about finding the exception to that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment